The Faculty and Staff of the Wilmot Cancer Institute wish to extend a huge THANK YOU to all who participated, volunteered, sponsored, supported, or promoted our 2016 Wilmot Warrior Walk. YOU helped make this event an overwhelming success!!!
With your help, we increased participation from 490 people in 2015 to 1,073 in 2016. In a year where the date and venue of the event changed, we were also able to increase the financial impact of this fundraiser, netting $85,000. That's more than double what we raised last year to support survivors in our region through Wilmot's Judy DiMarzo Survivorship Program and, for the first time, cancer research at the Wilmot Cancer Institute.
We had 200 volunteers help make this day and its many facets run smoothly. Additionally, we honored 29 amazing cancer survivors and caregivers.
The festive tone of the day was apparent with many teams in their fun and unique outfits. Plus we all enjoyed food trucks, bounce houses, the No Name Band, yoga, tai chi, and our emcee, Scott Spezzano from 98.9 The Buzz. This event brought together Rochester's cancer community for a celebration in spite of the many negative effects of this disease.
Please note the following:
- Race times and results can be found at http://www.pcr-timing.com/2016.html#wilmot
- We would be grateful for your feedback about our event. Please take our survey to share what you liked and what could be improved: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2MWVZFT
- Check out our Facebook photo album and feel free to tag yourself and your friends!
- While we are doing our best to mail medals to the placed finishers in each age category, if you are a general participant who did not receive a medal for attending the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We had a few lost and found items from the race. Please check the photo and email email@example.com if these belong to you:
Lastly, please consider supporting the following upcoming events that benefit the Wilmot Cancer Institute. The Pancreatic Cancer Association of Western New York's Step It Up Walk is taking place November 20 at the Gordon Field House on RIT's campus. Learn more at pcawny.org/Step_It_Up_5K.html.
Wilmot Cancer Research Day, our telethon-style event hosted on 13WHAM and FOX Rochester, is slated for Jan. 25. We're in need of volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to participate or learn more at hope.urmc.edu.
Many thanks again for all of your help with the 2016 Wilmot Warrior Walk; we are grateful for your support and hope to keep in touch!